I partner with creative professionals to design better experiences, spaces, and products.
I came to user experience design as a natural development of design work I was already performing, working for and with graphic & web designers, interior designers & architects, film/tv directors & producers, artists, writers, online community managers, and event producers.
My goals are to
• understand & empathize with the client & user
• work collaboratively & independently, as needed
• communicate effectively
• provide information researched with exacting standards
• improve processes & interactions
• increase happiness by reducing & removing friction
• make the world a better place through thoughtful, beautiful design.
My methodology includes
• stakeholder & user interviews • content audits • questionnaires & surveys • usability evaluations • experience maps • site maps • user flow diagrams • mind maps • sketching • outlining • storyboarding • wireframes • paper prototyping • visual mockups • 3d modeling • usability & A/B testing • multiple ideas & iterations that arrive at the best solution.
In my free time, I'm a cinemaphile, comedy connoisseur, writer. I like to do 2 impossible things every day. I landed a 5-month project management role on Skywalker Ranch, and I'm still thrilled about the experience, two years later.
Fun Fact: I've been struck by lightning... twice.
• Edutopia - The George Lucas Educational Foundation
• California Homes Magazine
• American Society of Interior Designers
• Kimball Starr Interior Design
• Scot Meacham Wood Home
• Jo Ann Hartley Interior Design
• The Rhythm Society
• User experience design
• User experience research
• Best practice
• Project management
• Graphic design
• Digital marketing
• Web design
• Interior design
• LEED Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design
• Positive problem solving
• Organization & planning
• PC & Mac fluent
• Learn new skills quickly
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Autodesk architecture engineering & construction
• 3ds Max
• Google Documents
• Google Sheets
• Google Slides
• Google Hangouts
• Constant Contact
Academy of Art University
Master of Fine Arts: Interior Architecture & Design
San Francisco, CA · –
Graduated cum laude
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Bachelor of Arts: Communications
Chattanooga, TN · –
Graduated cum laude, Honors in major – Journalism
|2014||Honorary Mention, Design Excellence Awards
Student Autodesk category for “1355 Market Street Atrium”.
|2014||Second Place Winner, Design Excellence Awards
Student Residential Design category for “3dStudio Max Virtual Residence”.