I partner with creative professionals to design better experiences, spaces, and products.
I came to user experience design as a natural development of design work I was already performing, working for and with graphic & web designers, interior designers & architects, film directors & TV producers, online community managers, event producers, writers, and artists.
My goals are to
• understand & empathize with the client & user
• work collaboratively & independently, as needed
• communicate effectively
• provide information researched with exacting standards
• improve processes & interactions
• increase happiness by reducing & removing friction
• improve the world through thoughtful, beautiful design & inspiring words.
My methodology includes
• stakeholder & user interviews • content audits • questionnaires & surveys • usability evaluations • experience maps • site maps • user flow diagrams • mind maps • sketching • outlining • storyboarding • wireframes • paper prototyping • interactive prototyping • visual mockups • 3d modeling • usability & A/B testing • multiple ideas & iterations that arrive at the best solution.
My passions entail being a cinephile, comedy connoisseur, writer. I like to do 2 impossible things every day. In 2016, I landed a short-term role on Skywalker Ranch, and I'm still thrilled about the experience.
Fun Fact: I've been struck by lightning... twice!
• Edutopia - The George Lucas Educational Foundation
• California Homes Magazine
• Ryan LLC
• American Society of Interior Designers
• Robert Allen
• CB Engineers
• Kimball Starr Interior Design
• The Rhythm Society
• User experience design
• User experience research
• Interaction design
• Copywriting & editing
• Project management
• Graphic design
• Digital marketing
• Web design
• Interior design
• LEED Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design
• Best practices
• Strategic planning & strategy
• PC & Mac fluent
• Positive problem solving
• Organization & planning
• Learn new skills quickly
• Adobe CC: Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign
• Microsoft Office: Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Visio
• Autodesk: Revit/AutoCAD/3dsMax
• G-Suite: Google Documents/Sheets/Slides/Hangouts
• Constant Contact
Academy of Art University
Master of Fine Arts: Interior Architecture & Design
San Francisco, CA · –
Graduated cum laude
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Bachelor of Arts: Communications
Chattanooga, TN · –
Graduated cum laude, Honors in major – Journalism
|2014||Honorary Mention, Design Excellence Awards
Student Autodesk category for “1355 Market Street Atrium”.
|2014||Second Place Winner, Design Excellence Awards
Student Residential Design category for “3dStudio Max Virtual Residence”.